Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Trying to Train

So, in trying to train for a 50 miler, I've found some small obstacles.  The heat.  The new job and work schedule. Triathlons and bike rides.  These things make life a little crazy.  BUT I like them all (well, except for the heat) so I won't complain too much.
Here is what last week looked like:

Sunday, August 8 - Ran 3 hot miles in the middle of the day with Jason.

Monday, August 9 - Ran a hilly 10.3 miles with the girls in the morning.  Swam after work.

Tuesday, August 10 - Ran another hilly 10 miles with Kristi, hitting what we running gals in Madison like to call "The Dragon."  No Boundaries that night which consisted of 1 mile with the group and 1 mile with my sis.

Wednesday, August 11 - Ran Cecil Ashburn with Kristi covering 8 miles of on and off climbing.  Swam at the gym that night.

Thursday, August 12 - Slept in and ran 4.5 alone thinking I'd get to ride my bike that evening.  We got rained out so I made homemade blueberry crisp instead.

Friday, August 13 - Ran 1.6 miles to the park, ran and walked 1.5 with my No Boundaries team, ran 1.6 back to the house.  I swam at lunch because I was still mad about missing my bike ride the previous afternoon.

Saturday, August 14 - Ran 10 semi-hilly miles down Archie Rinehart Parkway in Pikeville, TN.  Then went hiking all over Fall Creek Falls with Jason.

That came to 49 miles for the week, which is great...unless one is trying to train for a 50 miler, in which case I am not sure it is quite enough.  My hope is that all the riding and swimming and triathloning (a word?) is somehow building up the strength and endurance I will need to go the distance. 

So I press on.  I'm hoping to get a long run in Saturday and maybe some trails on Sunday.  We shall see.  The training continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment