Friday, March 11, 2011

No Boundaries


For our fourth season, my sister and I will be coaches for the No Boundaries program, which trains new and returning runners to complete a 5k.  I love this program.  Actually, what I love is encouraging people to do something challenging, something they aren't quite sure they can do.  I love promoting fitness and health.  I love talking about running.  And I love running with all kinds of people at all kinds of fitness levels and getting to know them.

Simply put, this program is GREAT (and not just because I love it)!  We start off small, walking 2 minutes and running for 1 minute, and we build from there.  It is so gradual, that if you follow your weekly training plan, it almost sneaks up on you and before you know it...you are running 3.1 miles.

I call our group the Madison Maniacs and we run primarily in Madison, AL on Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m.  My sister and I offer an alternate run early Friday mornings for any interested in running with us again each week.  That also takes place in Madison.  This Monday, March 14, we will meet at our local Fleet Feet in Huntsville for orientation and then our first run will be Tuesday, March 22, 2011.  We will train for 10 weeks and then we will run the Cotton Row 5k on May 30, 2011. 

We currently have 15 people registered to train, and we have slots for 30.  That means you can still register if you are interested.  If so, follow the link below. The cost is $85.00 plus your $4.00 sign up fee.  And you get stuff - a tech shirt, a hat, a water bottle, and when you finish your 5k, a cool New Balance finishers jacket.

No Boundaries Madison Registration

Unsure about all of this? E-mail me at Jane.Reneau@gmail.com and I will talk you into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment