Saturday, May 21, 2011

Red Sass and I Reunite!

It has been a most wonderful Saturday. I ran the Cotton Row 5k course with some No Boundaries team members (only getting a little off course once) and then ran the 10k course solo, trying to push my pace. I managed an 8:26 overall, which was not bad, but I think I had more fun running with Shannon and my girls.

This afternoon I tackled the chores. I watered my plants (partly because I locked myself out of the house and had to wait for Jason to finish his run), did some laundry (which is still ongoing), washed dishes and cleaned the kitchen, helped Jason put up our new microwave (so that all of our appliances match now), re-cleaned the kitchen, and then I HOPPED ON MY BIKE! Red Sass and I together again!

It felt great. I only rode 10 miles and I stayed inside my neighborhood the whole time, but it was a good start. I've got a lot of work to do in order to be ready for any triathlons or century rides this summer, but I think I will enjoy the process of improving in this area. Remembering all the fun and adventures of last summer...I cannot wait to give it all a go again! Marathon season may be over, but I've got tri season to look forward to and I'm pretty pumped.

For now, a much needed shower. I've been a salty dog since 6:00 am!

3 comments: