Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cocoa Puffs and Pilates

This morning I woke up around 3:00 a.m. and I could not go back to sleep.  I waited...and waited...and waited.  By 4:00 a.m. I was bored. I looked at my iphone for a few minutes until I realized I was hungry.  I laid there thinking, I could get up and have some Cocoa Puffs.  Or I could get up and do my 20 minute pilates video.  OR I could do BOTH!  I had time for both activities before meeting a client at 5:30 a.m. so that is what I chose.

As quietly as I could I got up, put on my robe and slippers and slipped out of our bedroom, closing the door behind me.  I ate a bowl of cereal (yes, it was Cocoa Puffs but it has WHOLE GRAIN written really big on the box so I figure it must be healthy, right?) and then turned on my pilates DVD.  I did the workout in my pajamas so I didn't have to go back into the bedroom and possibly wake up Jason.  Around 5:00 a.m. I was finished so I changed into my running clothes, met my client for 2 miles, and then came back home to complete the morning with my 15 minute weight workout.

Jason was out running by this point so I turned on some tunes and enjoyed a long, hot shower.  I felt pretty good and thought it might be possible to get through the day without really noticing how early I'd gotten up.  I ate 2 of Jason's homemade banana bread muffins, took my prenatal vitamins and packed my lunch before heading off to work.

It wasn't until I was sitting still, driving to work that it hit.  I was SLEEPY!  The yawns started and wouldn't stop. My body felt sluggish and tired.  All I could do was hope it passed quickly.  Around 9:30a.m. I visited the campus cafe for an iced mocha and tried to savor it as long as I could.  Since then I have felt a little less sleepy... but it is barely lunch time so we shall see how the rest of the day goes.  Tonight I will run with my 5k training group and then visit Katie who has a bin of maternity clothes she has kindly offered to loan me. I think once I get to the running and friend visiting part of the day I will be on the home stretch.  If I can just keep my eyes open through dinner, I can take my sleepy self to bed.

While the early morning Cocoa Puffs/Pilates date was fun and I was glad to have time to get in my workouts, I hope to do a bit more sleeping tomorrow morning.  I have a feeling that is not going to be a problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment