Thursday, April 19, 2012

New Roaring Running Song

This morning Jason got up a little earlier than usual so I had some time to lie in bed and contemplate a run of my own.  I knew the morning temps (50) would feel a lot better than 75 later in the afternoon, but I wasn't sure what my legs were going to have in them at 5:45 a.m.  It was so peaceful and comfortable in the quiet of my bedroom with birdsong and chilly air coming in through my open window. I could always run this afternoon...

Then I heard this whisper...the words of a song I'd heard on the radio the day before and promptly downloaded to my ipod.  God's not dead, He's surely alive.... 

I hopped up and put on my running digs.  A long sleeved shirt and running shorts, with a thin pair of gloves.  I strapped on my Garmin and got my ipod shuffle ready to go.  As I started my warm-up walk and my new song, the sun was just starting to come up and the air was cool and crisp.

Let love explode and bring the dead to life 
A love so bold to see a revolution somehow...

I cut my warm-up short and started to jog.  My route began to climb uphill but the words kept me going strong...

Now I'm lost in your freedom
And this world I'll overcome

MY GOD'S NOT DEAD HE'S SURELY ALIVE!  He's living in the inside, roaring like a Lion!

The sun rose higher, lighting up my neighborhood like fire with a backdrop of vibrant blue with a few patches of white.  Birds were everywhere doing their springtime dances, flowers were blooming in almost every yard... it was a simple neighborhood scene, but it was a beautiful one and I felt the words that played in my ears as I ran.

My God's not dead, He's surely alive.  He's living on the inside roaring like a lion!

I could see Him all around me.  I could feel Him inside.  Roaring.  I knew Him to be there in the little miracle growing inside me, in my feet that kept pace with the beat of this powerful song.  I knew the words to be true and it was such a wonderful thing to know!

If you haven't already heard it, give it a listen.  See if it doesn't make you want to move your feet and do a little roaring as well.


2 comments:

  1. this is my kids' current faaaaavorite song! amelia's version is more like "worrring wike a wion" but God knows what she means. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! It is definitely my new favorite song too!

      Delete