Monday, July 2, 2012

Burp Cloths, Blankets, and Dresses...Oh My!

All right, my friends, I think I'm making progress.  Now that we are home from the Ironman with no more trips planned, I am in full out nesting mode!  I'm 34 weeks, 5 days pregnant, and IF little miss Eloise decided to come early...I'd be in trouble.

BUT, things are looking up!  A pack & play/bassinet has been ordered and is on its way!  Should Eloise come early, she will have a place to sleep!  I have also cleaned out the guest bathroom cabinets so that baby things can take the place of whatever junk was in there before (3 bottles of Endless Love body spray anyone?).  I just have to clean it and it is ready to go (because you can't put cute bottles of baby shampoo into a dusty cabinet, now can you?).  I have also cleaned out our kitchen cabinets so I have an entire shelf empty, clean and awaiting whatever baby stuff goes in the kitchen.  I'm not sure what that will be just yet, but whatever it is, I have a place to put it!  We had enough mugs for an entire village!

In theory, her furniture should arrive sometime this week.  That is if it really takes 10 weeks for it to come in from when it was ordered.  I'm going to call today and check...and begin the process of making a nuisance out of myself.  At least I waited until the final week to start! 

In the meantime, I'm still working on her bedroom.  I do a lot of organizing and then I sit and stare at it all and think.  I think round and round, what to keep, what to return, what will she be wearing in 6 months, 9 months... how many onesies do I need, how many burp cloths do I need (I'm up to 19 at the moment and six are going back to Target).  My mom and sister have said they will come over this week and help me make final decisions on things so I know what to wash.  I do have a "to wash" pile started and I have "to return" piles with stickies on them stating the store to which they will return.

And let me just state here that out of the bazillion cute, amazing, precious and sweet baby gifts I've received, about 5 of them were from my registry.  Yep.  No one shops registries apparently.  I'm not ungrateful, I'm insanely in love with all of it!  Eloise is going to be one stylish babe when she gets here, and I have not had to buy a stitch of clothing for her. I do have some gift certificates and I've been collecting coupons so I'm ready to get the rest of it as soon as I figure out what is most important.

Today I'm taking to the thrift store all my kitchen goods that no longer have a home (I love cleaning out!) and I'm stopping by the pediatrician's office to get Eloise signed up.  I'm having lunch with two girlfriends, hitting the grocery store and making Chance an appointment for his shots.  I'm also calling our insurance company just to make sure we know what to do once Eloise arrives. 

After walking 3 lovely miles with my sister and seeing Jason off to work this morning, I've allotted myself 1 hour to sit here at the computer and sip before I get crackin'... and in 10 minutes that hour is up! 

So that is your progress report, my friends.  I'm off to get busy!

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe that eloise jane is almost here!!! 19 burpcloths may seem like a lot now, but it will be nice to have a bunch when laundry is not the first thing on your mind. :) lots of love to you, my friend...

    ReplyDelete