Thursday, August 24, 2017

Running, Schooling, and Eclipsing

This poor running blog. Abandoned by an injured runner turned scuba diver. But I'm still running. In fact, I've begun day dreaming of fall goals and focusing my running on building a base from which to train. I've begun running more consistently, managing my knee pain with daily rounds with the foam roller and addaday stick. And it really is about adding a day. Just one more day of running. And then another. And then another. I feel a little all over the place with my training... sometimes I make it out in the morning, sometimes I hit the treadmill mid-day. Sometimes I run after putting the kids to bed or with my Walk/Jog/Run class... or sometimes a combination of these, with some Body Pump at the Y thrown in. It's not ideal... I like a good schedule, but I'm taking what I can get and for now, it works.

And things have gotten crazy, busy, wonderful up in here! My girl started kindergarten this year! So far, so good, and I love watching her experience new things, learn new things, become enthusiastic about new things! She is doing half-day kindergarten for now, and I think it is the perfect amount of transition from being home to attending school. She comes home after lunch, and some days we do something fun like shop, visit our library, go to my sister's for a swim and to the local reptile store (her personal field trip with my sister), and some days we come home and color, play, read, or bake. Or all of the above.

The eclipse! How about that! We drove to Sparta, TN to experience the totality, and it was AMAZING!






I loved experiencing this with my people! I was simply filled with awe by the whole thing!

So DIVING! I'm an Advanced Open Water Diver now, and Jason and I went on another amazing dive trip at the end of July - that will receive it's own blog post with pictures and videos. It was once again a wonderful, beautiful experience where I saw new things and learned new things, expanding my knowledge and experience as a diver. More to come on that. For now, there's our family update in a nutshell!

No comments:

Post a Comment