Friday, June 17, 2011

Weekly Activity Report

This week turned out to be a bit better than last week as far as workouts go, but I am still in the process of getting used to all the new activity!  Whew!  Here is what I've got so far:

Sunday, June 12 - Run 7 miles in the morning, bike 10 that afternoon

Monday, June 13 - Run 8 miles in the morning

Tuesday, June 14 - Bootcamp in the morning, bike 12.6 miles in the afternoon

Wednesday, June 15 - Run 8 miles in the morning, swim 30 minutes in the afternoon

Thursday, June 16 - Bootcamp in the morning, bike 15.1 miles in the afternoon

Friday, June 17 (today) ... well, I did not make it out of bed in time.  I'm still hoping to get in a swim this afternoon, but I'm a little disappointed by today because if I ran 7 miles this morning, that would have put me at 40 for the week when added to tomorrow's running plans.  That's pretty good mileage when 2 days are spent at bootcamp instead of running.

Saturday, June 18 (tomorrow) - Jason and I will run the RC Cola Moonpie 10 Mile in Bellbuckle, TN.  We ran this race for the first time in 2007 while we were dating and we have run it every year since.  It has become our family tradition.  Every year (around mile 7) I ask myself why we made a 10 mile run in June a family tradition and every year I look forward to signing up again.  I do not show up to this race with the intention of "racing" but with the hope of surviving and eating a Moonpie afterward (a good bit afterward). 

I still find myself completely worn out by the time Friday gets here.  I think the addition of swimming and cycling, along with the new Bootcamp class will take some getting used to, but I can also feel myself slowly getting there. I hope to swim at least twice a week (adding to that eventually), and ride my bike on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday and/or Sunday.

I have organized a tiny but very fun group of novice-like cyclists to ride with me on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.  Our first two rides were this week and they were GREAT!  I am thrilled to have friends to ride with instead of facing all of my rides alone!  Buddies make it better, end of story.

As June comes to a close, my little triathlon season will begin, and I am looking forward to it. I'm hoping that this time around there will be improvement due to experience and I am making an effort to actually train for some of these things.  Instead of sprints, I am signing up for intermediate distances.  I have my eyes set on something a little bigger in the fall if nothing shows up in the mean time to change my plans.

But for now I take one day at a time and train, trying to build up my strength and fitness for all the summer fun ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment