While I love running with my girls or enjoying the quiet peacefulness of a morning run with a gorgeous sunrise as my company, sometimes this girl needs a little boost. Sometimes when the morning is super cold or super windy or super rainy or all three combined, I need a little something extra to make me feel...well...for lack of a better phrase, bad ass. And in order to get my "bad ass" on, I have a little playlist to help me.
A few friends and clients have requested some songs for their own playlists and so I am including mine here. May it give you just the boost you need to get you out the door when you are missing that extra bit of motivation!
If you don't see one of your faves on this list, please include it in the comments section!
I'll start with my newest top two. These are my current faves that get me going.
1. Blackout - Breathe Carolina. "I'm only getting started! I won't blackout!" They aren't talking about running but... it fits doesn't it!
"This won't stop till I say so...this won't stop till I say so!"
2. Good Feeling - Flo Rida. This would be a great pre-race song.
3. Stronger - Mandisa. Very powerful lyrics. I first heard about this song from Katie but it wasn't until I heard it on the radio and really felt the words that I added it to my list.
4. International Love - Pitbull (featuring Chris Brown). "Don't test me boy...." See, even if I'm a 32 year old woman with a tiny puff of a pony tail bouncing around behind me, that makes me feel bad ass.
5. Marry the Night - Lady Gaga. I'm a warrior queen. And so are you.
6. We Found Love - Rihanna. Love this beat.
7. Breathing - Jason Derulo. This is another one with a great beat and I like the chanting in it as well.
8. Turn Me On - Nicki Minaj and David Guetta. "Make me come alive!"
9. You Make Me Feel - Cobra Starship. "I'm the baddest baby in the atmosphere." See, she feels it.
10. Stereo Hearts - Gym Class Heroes. A very steady beat and I just love this one.
11. Hold Me Together - Royal Tailor. "I'm getting stronger with You by my side..."
12. Lights (Bassnector Remix) - Ellie Goulding.
13. Welcome to the Club - Manian. Dance music with a great beat.
14. Black Betty - Ram Jam.
15. The Story of Us - Taylor Swift.
16. Best Love Song - T-Pain. This is a good one to start your run.
17. Don't Wanna Go Home - Jason Derulo. No, you don't wanna go home. You wanna RUN!
18. Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO. "Shake that."
19. Tonight - Toby Mac. This is one of my all time faves. Fast and furious, I sometimes have to play it twice.
20. On the Floor - Jennifer Lopez. "If you're a criminal, kill it on the floor."
21. Blow - Ke$ha. I know. Don't judge.
22. Light up the Sky - the Afters. Another powerful one that makes me so thankful to be out running.
23. Take me back - Taio Cruz
24. Higher - Taio Cruz
25. No Other One - Taio Cruz. As you can see, I like several of his.
26. Avalanche - Manafest.
27. Club Can't Handle Me - Flo Rida. The road can't handle me either.
28. Raise Your Glass - P!nk. Are you wrong in all the right ways? You're probably a runner.
29. DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love - Usher. This title cracks me up.
30. Dynamite - Tiao Cruz. Yep. Dynamite.
31. La La La - Auburn (featuring Iyaz).
32. Beautiful Monster - Ne-yo.
33. Monday Morning - Melanie Fiona
34. Awake and Alive - Skillet. I don't need to explain this one.
35. More - Usher. "I'm a beast, I'm an animal, I'm that monster in the mirror..."
36. Misled - Kool and the Gang. An oldie but a goodie!
37. Do You Remember - Jay Sean.
38. The Olympic Spirit - John Williams & Boston Pops. This one is amazing. I feel triumphant every time I hear it.
39. The Battle - Gladiator Soundtrack. This one is powerful. Good for those really tough (and triumphant) days.
40. Russion Privjet - Basshunter. This is sort of trance, sort of dance and a great beat!
41. Kernkraft 400 (Sport Chant Stadium Remix) - Zombie Nation. If you've seen a football game lately, you know this one.
42. Desert Rose - Sting
43. Fire Burning - Sean Kingston. "She's fire burning, fire burning on the dance floor..." Or on the road.
44. Unbreakable - Fireflight. Need I say more? This one truly makes you feel it.
45. O...Saya - Slum Dog Millionaire Soundtrack. "Like a ninja, with speed I'm nifty..."
Cool down Songs
46. Beautiful Ending - Barlow Girl
47. Enchanted - Taylor Swift
48. Not Over You - Gavin DeGraw
49. The One that got Away - Katy Perry
50. Set Fire to Rain - Adele
And for your Bonus Track: Eye of the Tiger - Survivor. This is a classic.
Remember to listen responsibly while you run! Keep the volume reasonable and stay aware of what is going on around you! Also make sure to check race rules before using headphones in a race.