A while back, Katie shared her treat of boiled eggs. So this just adds a little zing to that already great treat. The recipe my sister used is below.
For 6 boiled eggs:
- boil eggs, peel and cut in half
- scoop out yoke and mix with the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of mayo (I used light)
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar (VERY good for you)
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- add mixture back into egg halves and sprinkle with paprika
So last night I was thinking of healthy things to bring to work for lunch and I decided to make some angeled eggs. I made 3, which gave me 6 halves. Three for today and three for tomorrow. They are currently in the office fridge and I'd better go get them before the whole place smells like eggs (the downside to boiled eggs in the fridge).
If you are like me and somehow missed out on this southern tradition, give it a try. You may find yourself surprised (as I was) to like it! Also, try floating around the new name as well, if you don't mind.