Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Hilariously Awesome Gift

Last night my church threw me a baby shower and let me just say it was a whirlwind!  It took place at 8pm, right after class and since our class went over a bit and then I had to use the ladies room, I got there a little late.  There were snacks and punch on one table and presents on another.  When I was spotted, one of the hostesses quickly ushered me to my chair, pinned a corsage made of baby socks on my shirt and told me to get started.  My friend, Amy handed me presents and my sister wrote down who gave me what.  As I opened, friends came by my chair to say hello and I waved at others across the room.  Jason mingled with other friends and I made a mental note to get the scoop on all of his conversations when the shower was over.  As for me, I was on present-opening duty. 

It was the fastest whirlwind of the cutest baby stuff that I have ever seen.  My niece and two other little girls helped me and together we got it done.  Everyone was so sweet and I was overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of my wonderful church family. 

One of my dear friends and a fellow runner as well gave me a gift that was perfect and hilarious in so many ways.  Shannon has two kids and they are friends with my sister's kids and our husbands are all friends and we get together for triple dates, running dates, races, etc. Well, the gift from Shannon was just hilariously awesome and we all had a good laugh about it.  She said it was for me, not just for Eloise, so this morning I got it out and put it together. 


According to the box, this is a Playmobile special called Mum with Jogging Stroller, and I have no idea where or how she found it, but I absolutely love it. 

In other news, I got a really good night's sleep last night, which has made this day even better.  Yesterday was sort of a slow, draggy day and so today I am feeling awake, alive and ready to tackle some projects that didn't get touched yesterday, and I'll kick it off with a visit to my doctor for a checkup. 


4 comments:

  1. That is too cute!! Shannon is wonderful :) I hope you had a GREAT baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked the little running mommy figure as much as I did. Leah decided she needed one, too, so I am going to have to go back and get her one! I found it at Southerland Station train and toy shop near the hospital. It's one of Andrew's favorite stores b/c it has a huge model train that they will turn on in the middle of the store. It has a lego room, a playmobile room and a Thomas the train room, among other things. It's a neat little store :)!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are obsessed with all things playmobil!!! I haven't seen that one yet. So cute! And very thoughtful of your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great is that?!! You are having some amazing showers :)

    ReplyDelete